During 2008, CAS completed numerous appraisal, feasibility, and valuation projects.
For 2008-2009, Custom Ag Solutions partnered with the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA) on the following Risk Management Education (RME) and Research and Development (R&D) projects:
- Crop Insurance Education for Massachusetts Producers (MassAgRisk.com). For this project, CAS worked with the following organizational partners:
- Massachusetts FFA Association;
- Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation;
- Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association;
- Massachusetts Nursery and Landscape Association;
- Conn-Mass Tobacco Association; and,
- Massachusetts Aquaculture Association.
- Research and Development of a Cattle Basis Risk Analysis Tool (CBRAT) and the BeefBasis.com website (BeefBasis.com). CAS' project partners include the following:
- Kansas State University's Kevin Dhuyvetter; and,
- Kansas State University's James Mintert.
- Development of LRP and AGR-Lite Decision Support Tools for Livestock Producers (AGR-Lite.com). Researchers from Kansas State University's Department of Agricultural Economics are partnered with CAS on this project.
During 2008-2009, CAS also worked as a partner on the following USDA/RMA projects:
- Crop Insurance Education for Wyoming Producers (University of Wyoming Cooperative Extension);
- Crop Insurance Education for Utah Producers (Utah State University Extension);
- Research and Development of a Water Allocation Risk Analysis Tool (WARAT) (Kansas State University).
For 2008-2009, CAS remained a partner with Montana State University on a USDA Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES) Project to Quantify the Value of Recreational Amenities as a Means of Ecologically Sustaining Small and Medium-Sized Farm and Ranch Profitability (COVRA) (Montana and Wyoming).